FHE – The Living Christ Week 4
I hope you had a fabulous Halloween! We took last week to catch up on the Living Christ and to have some fun Halloween activities! As I was looking at the calendar and thinking about the holidays (can you believe Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner?), I set a goal to have the Living Christ memorized by Christmas Eve. Wouldn’t it be an awesome thing to recite all together as a family on Christmas Eve? I would love to hear if you have different pictures you used or different methods for memorizing. We all learn differently so it’s nice to share and get different ideas!
Here is week 4: The Living Christ Week 4
Here is an outline:
Opening Song: When He Comes Again p. 82 or I Feel My Savior’s Love p. 74
Discuss what you will memorize this week.
1. He was arrested and condemned on spurious charges, convicted to satisfy a mob, and sentenced to die on Calvary’s cross – Discuss Gethsemane, his prayer, and Judas Iscariot. Talk about how he was betrayed and went willingly with the soldiers even though he knew what it meant for Him. Share your testimony of how much He loves each one of us to willingly go with the when He knew it would mean His death.
2. He gave His life to atone for the sins of all mankind – Discuss his death on the cross. Talk about how he forgave those that had done that to Him. Share your testimony of the crucifixion and what it means for each of you.
3. His was a great vicarious gift in behalf of all who would ever live upon the earth – Discuss how everyone will be resurrected that has been given a body.
4. We solemnly testify that His life, which is central to all human history, neither began in Bethlehem
5. nor concluded on Calvary. – Share your testimony of the resurrection. Talk about how He lives and how much He loves us. Share your testimony of His love for each one of us and that He lives to watch over us. He may have died on the cross but His spirit body lives and will live for eternity.
Review what you have memorized to this point and begin memorizing the new part for this week. If you have the Living Christ show them how far they have come. You are almost half way at this point! We are taking things slow but getting half way through is something to get excited about! 🙂