Great Halloween V.T. Idea!
I know this is SHORT notice, but Carrie just brought this to me today. THANKS A MILLION CARRIE!! She took Tricia’s Boo Idea and incorporated another idea of another blog LINK HERE, but really jazzed it up and made it look like it came from Carrie! If you need a on the spot type of V.T. Hello, then this is the right idea.
Halloween Smores In A Jar
1 quart mason jar
1 sleeve graham crackers
1 package holiday marshmallow peeps
one bag of holiday M&Ms candies
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1. Crush 1 sleeve graham crackers to crumbs.
2. Layer 2/3 of the graham cracker crumbs in a 1 qt jar. Pack down the crumbs a bit.
3. Arrange 8 to 12 marshmallow holiday peeps standing up, facing out around the inside of the jar. Press them up against the glass.
4. Carefully spoon remaining cracker crumbs in the center of the jar to support the peeps, pressing down to keep it snug.
5. On top of this pour 1-1/4 cup M&M’s in holiday colors.
7. Spoon 1/3 cup brown sugar into center of M&M’s, gently pressing with a spoon. If you have any room left over, fill the jar to the top with M&Ms.
1. Empty the jar contents into a bowl.
Snip the peeps into bits with kitchen shears or cut up with a knife.
Return the peep bits to the mixture. Mix well.
2. Melt 1/2 cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well.
Pat into a greased 8″ or 9″ square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.