FHE – The Living Christ part 3
I hope it is going well for your family! My older boys and I are doing pretty well. 🙂 We have had some great discussions about the Savior and why His life was so important. Here is week 3 and an outline for tonight!
Opening Song: Tell Me the Stories of Jesus or another favorite
Scripture: 1 John 5:20
Lesson/Activity: Go over last week’s lesson and memorize it. Begin memorizing this week and talk about each picture.
1. He walked the roads of Palestine: People sought the Savior from all over. They had heard how he could heal the sick and had faith that he could do so. The Savior healed many people during his ministry.
2. Causing the blind to see: Tell the story in the picture – Talk about how the man was able to see his child for the first time.
3. And raising the dead: Tell the story of Lazarus – He was dead for 3 days and Jesus raised him again.
4. He taught the truths of eternity, the reality of our pre-mortal existence – We lived with Heavenly Father and Jesus before we came to this earth. We chose to come here to get a body and live in a family.
5. The purpose of our life on earth: We are here to live in families and learn the gospel. We will make mistakes and learn from them so that we can be better people. We are preparing to live for eternity with Heavenly Father.
6. And the potential for the sons and daughters of God in the life to come: If we make good choices we will be able to become like Heavenly Father and create worlds of our own. He wants us to return to live with Him again.
7. He instituted the sacrament as a reminder of His great atoning sacrifice: We take the sacrament every week to remember Him and our covenants that we made a baptism.
If your children are older you can go into more detail. This is a great opportunity to talk about the plan of salvation and the reason we take the sacrament every week. It is also a good time to point out that we should be worthy to take the sacrament every week. We should be striving to do what is right and repentant if necessary when we are taking the sacrament.
Bear your testimony and encourage them to keep going – it will be worth it when they can recite the entire thing or at least parts they remember to you!
Posted on October 18, 2010, in Everything Family, LDS Families and tagged children, families, Family home evening, family time, fhe, Jesus Christ, The Living Christ. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.